Sunday, February 1, 2015

Praises and more rocks from the Jordan...

I'm just praising God today for all the ways He worked this weekend and writing this just to remember what He has done.

Thanks God for bringing such a great turnout to the conference - much more than what was expected, much of it last minute. Letting us worship with a room of health professions together learning to share the gospel with patients and laying down our lives again at His feet for His purposes and praises. Thank You for letting the lecture go well, but enough feedback to keep me humble about it. People both shared that it was exactly what they needed to hear for courage to speak more openly and also gave me feedback on how to make it better. I was so humbled to be surrounded by these amazingly godly servants, whose books I have read,  several of them (Sherri O, Dave T, and Kent F) who have started and continue to direct low income ministry clinics in underserved areas, and even other attendings at my work, who have been my teachers,  and some missionaries too (Don S - who spent 10+ years working in Rwanda and now directs the missions department at a huge residency in KS)- all coming together for the gospel. Praising God for the patients' responses during the practicums and many stories of patients repenting and receiving Christ, some via conference attendendees who have never shared the gospel with anyone before that day! There were so many people praying about this conference and I see God showing up and working so beautifully in our hearts this weekend. Father, please let the seeds planted this weekend continue to bear fruit as each person goes back to their workplace.

Also Praising You for the amazing turnout and unity of the second conference -15 hardest places today.

Now I am both exhausted but full of a satisfied joy. Still to come
1. Iraq in 2 wks.
2. make lecture on osteoporosis for next week
3. sign up for CCHF conference in Atlanta.
4. be intentional about having intentional gospel probing conversations with patients during my down time on call rather than sleeping. - maybe dragging a resident with me each time.
5. Pray that my TB test is negative even though it is looking positive.


Also, today I was really affected by Dr Crouch's introduction- remembering that Jesus' disciples didn't come up to Him and ask, "teach us to give great sermons, lead amazing Bible studies, or be articulate gospel presenters. They say, "Lord, teach us to pray." That is what I want to seek God out for this next season of my life.  It's fitting that it is february and the end of winter is coming. Soon the springtime will come. I feel like this is perhaps true in my life. perhaps the winter is beginning to end, and he will bring to life those areas that have seemed asleep or dead for so long again.



1 comment:

  1. Yes!!yesyesyes!!!
    you encourage me so much with your honesty!!
    I feel the same way.
    Praise God for His blessings for you this week friend! He is faithful!!

    ReplyDelete