Thursday, March 12, 2015

When no one is looking, He still loves me.

I'm always convicted from the quote "Character is who you are when no one is looking" . If you could read my thoughts daily you would know how corrupt and deceitful my heart is and no one would be my friend anymore.  I am amazed that the only One who knows the depths and darkness of my heart, (much more than I do),  loves me . loves. me. loves this one.  I was eating dinner with a medical student yesterday and asked her, "What is the hardest part of the Gospel for you to believe?" She replied instantly, "That God loves me."

Oh, the glory of belonging to One who knows all your secrets and failures and LOVES you!..jealously, relentlessly, extravagantly. My friend told me that the Love of God is like an Ocean and we walk timidly along the shoreline, barely letting the waves run over our feet.  What would it take to learn to dive in completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment