Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Crystal, the messy girl.

I went for a long walk today. It's been a long time… the snow and the cold had lingered.  there seemed to be some days of breakthrough sunshine, a hint of spring, and then another snowfall covered it over again.  But today… there were purple and yellow flowers pushing through the dead grass! As I walked and stretched my hands over my head, I felt like God was saying, "Come away with Me… just be with me here.  I will give you more than what you are looking for in the promise of men.. stop being like the Israelites asking for a king when I am right HERE."

I remembered Crystal, from many years ago when I used to work in youth ministry. She was a messy girl, her father was a pot head, she ran away once and every thursday her hair was a different color, if she even showed up.   But every time there was an altar call, she came down.  I must have seen her walk the aisle 5 times.  It was tempting to think, "how long will it last this time before she runs away from everything again?"

I remember my friend telling me, "Jennifer, we don't know Crystal's heart, but every time she comes down that aisle, it's a good thing."

I see myself in Crystal. I keep falling down, and am ashamed to lift my face up at times. I run away and hide myself. But He relentlessly finds me in the cleft of the rocks.

Repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord… 

No comments:

Post a Comment