Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thank You


Thank You Lord for my parents' broken marriage, which although still has some negative residuals, helped me relate to and reach out to messed up teenagers better. Thank you that it was also a stimulant for my brothers and I to bond over and support each other through. Thank you also for the joy of getting to see them go on a few fun dates for the first time in years just in the last month.

Thank You Lord for the church split which devastated me initially, but that helped me to grow up, and gave me the opportunity to be at a church that needed youth workers and leaders. Thanks for teaching me so much during that time and for letting me know Rachel through  leading small groups together. Than you also during that time providing me other spiritual parents to were amazing examples of godliness.

Thank You for my car accident the week before going to Egypt. Thank you that no one was hurt but through it provided me a new car  that has air-conditioning and a working radio, and that insurance provided me with more money than my last car could be sold for.

Thank you for creating me with the worst sense of direction that anyone could have, so that although I get lost all the time, and that it often takes me longer to get places, I now can appreciate GPS and also if I don't have GPS, I really experience your grace in getting me home. Thank you that you have protected me from getting terribly lost in all my travels. Thank you for our special times of prayer together when I was terribly lost late at night and my phone/GPS had died…that you have always brought me home.

Thank you for that one time I was a dummy and ran out of gas on the side of the road, so that I could experience the help of friends that day and appreciate them even more. and thanks for all the other car problems I have had and how you always provided someone to help me. Thanks that although my wheel popped not he freeway once, it ended up being a great day with Sylvia and we got to talk about the gospel all day while being stuck together.

Thank you for very difficult work hours, Although it might slowly be taking years off my life, at least I know that my body is stronger than I would have imagined, and that if needed, it's ok not to sleep or eat for 24+ hours. There's something about knowing that you have done it before, that it makes other things less difficult sometimes. Thanks that I get paid for those difficult work hours and have so much financial freedom and freedom to be very generous and bless people so much. Although the hours are long, thank you that they are long spent taking care of people and doing something meaningful.

Thank you for my bad sense of smell. because it protects me from so many terrible experiences in the medical field and probably dumbs my taste buds down a little so that I can try and experiment with seemingly disgusting food and enjoy it.

Thank you that I am little, and although it makes me look like a kid and makes my patients suspicious of me, at least it's easy to fit all my clothes easily into small suitcases and travel relatively light compared to most people. Thanks also that I can try on most display shoes and not have to wait often for people to find my shoe size in the back.

Thank you for bad eyesight. because it makes me appreciate living in a country where I can have glasses, unlike other parts of the world where people just live with their blindness. Thanks for contacts too and that I'll get a new body in Heaven.

Thank you that my the suffering in this life will only make Heaven sweeter . And thank you that unlike this world, heaven is forever…even though I can't comprehend what that means

Thank you that my roommate has a really different personality than mine and that we butt heads sometimes. that she is naturally confrontational and more melancholy, but because we love each other and are committed to this friendship, we are learning to work through our differences and talk things out regularly and still be great friends. thanks for using our differences and conflicts to help me deal with sin that otherwise wouldn't be exposed,  learn to be better at loving people and also for providing me a good friend during this time.

Thanks for making me simple minded. even though I wish I could keep up mentally with the brilliant minded ones, for me, life is just easier this way.

Thanks for giving me personally problems so that I can experience wonderful counseling from Dr Armentrout and see how you can use introverted sensitive people to change lives.

Thank you for my personality, that although I hated it for so many years, and that it doesn't fit into the medical mold often, you somehow let me be happier with simple things easier. Thanks that I have met some amazing people with my personality type too and have models of how to be brave even though I'm naturally a wimp and a pushover. thank you that You have not given me a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and self discipline.

Thank you for loving me, just as I am.
thank you for being a God who teaches me what love is.
thank You for giving a heart that is alive in you.
thank You that you pursued me and will hold on to me through all my storms. thank
and that I can give thanks in each difficulty because you can beautify these ashes.










2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    Another prayer answered!
    More tips on how to pray!!
    Im also on a quest the last few years to learn how to pray more!
    This was beautiful and showed me how to be grateful about everything.
    Im so grateful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks friend. I'm thankful for you too. fo shizzle!

      Delete