Tuesday, December 10, 2013

the Gospel still rescuing me...

I was sitting on the floor tonight praying and a bit overwhelmed with my sin. I asked God out loud, "How can I even be a Christian and be like this-   ...like a white washed tomb- well kept outside but with rotting skeletons within-- and that was my story before I knew You. Am I any different today? "

As I grasped onto assurance of salvation,  he let me hang my hope on His promises to me.

"Christ died for sin, the just for the unjust, to bring us to God"

--Oh Lord--when you died 2000 years ago, you died for the sins of today and tomorrow also. When you called me to follow you, You knew who I was, and who I would be. You saw all the ways I would fail you in the future. And you still called me. Your death was enough then and it is enough now.

"If you confess your sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness"

--how can it be-- it is beyond my understanding-- that I sit here forgiven.  That my God would purify me of all my sins.

"It is by Grace you have been saved"

--So get up off the floor, Jennifer. lift your face and behold your Redeemer.  Here is Your King, Take his nail scarred hands. He will lead you home.






No comments:

Post a Comment