Saturday, June 1, 2024

praying for the opportunity ...

As I walked into my clinic, I prayed that God would give me an opportunity and the time to share the gospel with someone today. I prayed that He would bring some "ripe fruit". Then I punched the door code and walked into the dark hallway. 

...............................................10 AM.............................................

It was her first visit after the biopsy came back as breast cancer. She was tired, her body hurt, and most of all, she was scared. She had told me previously she was Christian so I asked her,

"How are things with God in all this?"

"They're ok, yeah..um I guess"

"Has your faith been helpful?'

"yeah, praying helps some"

"Do you have a church family that is supportive?" 

"I haven't been in a long time.."

"I used to go to church and for a long time never understood the big picture of how to really know God, I knew Jesus had died but didn't understand why or the big picture of the Bible. At some point, someone explained the big picture to me and it really helped me- especially in times that are hard and scary.  Would it be helpful to you for me to share with you the Big picture of the Gospel and How to know God?

"Yeah, I would really like that" 

I was able to share the gospel with her. She clearly did not know why Jesus died or how to have a relationship with him.  She did pray to receive Jesus as her leader and savior. She said she had a friend who went to church she could go with and had a Bible at home that she hadn't read before.  She even had the Bible app on her phone so I showed her some of the daily devo videos and pointed her to everyperson.com website also. 


--Father, let her genuinely know You and find true and lasting comfort in your strong and loving arms. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment