Tuesday, September 29, 2015

reflections and thanks for fellowship in Philippians.

Thanks Lord for a great meeting with Holly and for her example of someone who loves you and transparently repents of sin so easily. We had a good meeting today discussing philippians chapter 3 and I was really challenged of all the "things of the flesh" that I put confidence in. Thanks for giving us time to name and repent of these- Things that have no substance. It is knowing You and being lost and found in you that is the source of joy and true substance worth rejoicing in.

Thanks for a great meeting also with Sarah. Thank you for her hunger to obey and know you and her excitement to grow. Thank you for her joy. please teach me and help me to know how to best love and serve her as we study your Word together. I have been challenged from Philippians chapter 1 of Paul's wonderful example of a shepherd - and his focus on prayer in the beginning. It is so fitting as Prayer is often the first "labor or love" we can serve others with. Paul says he is a bondservant of Christ, as he serves Christ through serving others. - through first praying for them. Teach me to labor in prayer for others.

And purify my passions as well. I see in Chapter 1- Paul's 2 passions- to BE WITH Christ and to pour himself out for the sake of Christ and the gospel. teach me this truth- to live is Christ, to die is gain.  and let all the other things be considered loss compared to the greatness of knowing Christ and being found in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment