Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gina of Rubies

Gina is a lady from my church whose perspective on life is always bringing me back to God's heart. I recently went on a trip with her to a third world country. The morning were supposed to leave, she fell down a fight of stairs and was hurt but still able to travel.  She was telling me,

"Jen, it's ok this happened to me. It's a reminder that God sends us in our weakness."

Am I so aware of His strength that I do not fear my inadequacy at all, but all the more throw myself into His strong arms and trust that it is enough?   It is so easy to het caught up in this clay pot, the shape of the pot and smoothing out the cracks, that I forget it's not about this pot at all, it's about Christ in me.  He rescued me in my weakness. He sustains and indeed sends me in it as well. 

Oh Lord, Your praise and renown are the desire of our hearts... not ours but Yours. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment