Sunday, February 23, 2014

Metamorphosis

Today  I was at my church small group and we were talking about this verse:

"Do not be conformed to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

I was struck by how important the word of God is in my transformation and battle against sin. One comment was that our churches (Christians) today are so weak because often they are more focused on an experience and emotional rushes rather than a serious study and meditation on the Word of God.  The renewing of my mind literally brings transformation i.e. metamorphosis- and when we think about the caterpillar turning into a butterfly- it seems a painful struggle in that cocoon ..but only for a little while. I was really encouraged to press on and dig deeper, not just for growth and joy and peace in the Lord, but for transforming things that have such great need to be completely made new.


No comments:

Post a Comment